Lets talk about man food. I categorize “man food” as the following: Food that’s messy, meaty, spicy, saucy and impossible to eat in a lady-like manner. Aka: burgers, steaks, and of course, wings! My wings are the perfect example of man food. Saucy, spicy, and messy. No matter how you may try, no one looks like a dainty princess while gnawing on a chicken wing cave-man style.
If the ladies out there feel like they need an excuse to eat these babies here it is: They are baked ! Diet Food! I’ve created a recipe that will create the most crispy wing every time, without bothering with the mess and danger of hot oil. There are just a few key points to follow:
- DRY THOSE WINGS!! I cannot express how important it is to pat the wings dry. Use a kitchen towel or lots of paper towels, but dry them until there is no remaining moisture on the skin.
- A HOT oven. 450 degrees hot. And for the love of all things holy, please be careful. I obtained a nasty burn on my hand taking these out of the oven.
- A light flour dredge. The flour is just another measure to help remove the moisture from the wings. These aren’t meant to be “battered” so make sure you shake off the excess flour thoroughly.
Follow these steps and I promise you will have the crispiest baked wings that will please any one! I’ve included recipes for wings two ways, so there is a sauce for everyone.
- 40-50 Chicken wings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Non stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (any variety sauce of your choice will work)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter