This time of year is prime slow cooker season to me. With school in session, sports, football games on TV, everyone is busy but looking for something warm and comforting to feed their belly.
Taco soup is one of my favorite go-to solutions for a slow cooker meal that is almost no prep work. Brown your beef and onion and throw all the ingredients into the crock pot. It can cook for as little as 4 hours, or hours longer if you need.
I love setting out different toppings for people to add to the soup. Pickled jalapeno slices and cilantro would be great additions!
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto or kidney beans, drained
- 1 15oz can corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz can tomato with green chile, drained
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, green onions