These bars are my love language. Brownies and chocolate cookies are two of my favorite desserts, and to combine the two?? I am disappointed with myself that it took me 29 years to try this. Honestly though, what held me back was sheer laziness. I have only ever seen “brookies” in cookie form, not bars. So when I saw these one day while cruising through Pinterest, I knew I must try. So much simpler than having to form the two dough’s together, just spread them in a pan and get them in the oven!
The recipe is from Cookies & Cows, and its everything I could ever dream of. Chewy, melty, chocoaltely. Absolute perfection in every bite. And topped with a scoop and vanilla ice cream might seem excessive to some, but to me would be the best. thing. EVER.
Recipe Source: Cookies & Cows
Chewy, Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
11.5 ounces milk chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup canola oil
½ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Grease a 9x13inch pan and set aside.
1. In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
2. Add the brown sugar and sugar. Stir until completely combined. All of the butter should be incorporated into the
3. Then add the vanilla and eggs. Stir to combine.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture, stirring just until
5. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
2. Add the oil and stir until completely combined.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
4. Add to the sugar mixture, stirring just until combined.
5. Pour the brownie batter into the 9x13inch pan and spread it evenly.
6. Place in the oven at 350° for 5 minutes.
7. Remove the brownies after 5 minutes and top with the chocolate chip cookie batter. Drop spoonfuls of the batter
across the pan, then gently spread until the brownie is completely covered. This will be easier than with other
brookie recipes because of the melted butter.
8. Place the pan back in the oven and continue to bake for 2530 minutes.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack.
10. Use a plastic knife to cut into squares.