I absolutely adore shopping in bulk. It amazes me how much cheaper things are, and my OCD loves having a pantry full of pretty matching jars and canisters 😉
Another bonus of shopping in bulk is that it makes it even easier to make your own spice mixes. Yes, I am aware that they sell taco seasoning in bulk, but when you create your own spice mixes you know exactly what ingredients are included, and you can adjust them to your family’s taste.
This seasoning makes a good amount of mix. I keep it in my cupboard and use it whenever a recipe calls for taco seasoning.
- 1/2 cup chili powder (I used mild, but can use medium or hot)
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (use more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves