Holidays man. They’re killing me this year! Even though I planned ahead, it seems like the time is flying by and I don’t seem to have enough time to fit it all in. Anyone else with me?
How is a person supposed to impress guests with a 5 course meal and have time to do it all? They aren’t, that’s how! Bring on the one-pot meals. Limited dishes, people pleasing meals that can be adapted to your tastes.
This pasta is one that I would be more than happy to serve to holiday guests. I took the traditional chicken Marsala dish and made it about as easy as a meal could possibly get. Serve with extra cheese and a sprinkle of parsley on top and you have a dish that will impress any holiday guest and-dare I say- leave you a little extra time to actually enjoy the holidays?!
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 pound mushrooms (button or cremini)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used roasted garlic)
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 lb short cut pasta of your choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Parsley, to garnish