Valentine’s Day: Some love it, some loathe it. For those in a relationship, it can be a day full of mushy displays of affection and gifts. For those who aren’t with someone though, the day can be a sad one. I used to hate Valentine’s Day, being in the group who doesn’t have a special someone.
This year I have decided to change my tune. It doesn’t have to be a day for romantic love, it can be a day enjoyed with family, showering them with love and lots of CANDY!! I am going to spend it with my children, making a fun Valentine’s dinner and giving them extra hugs and kisses.
These egg-free cookie dough filled Ritz candies are an easy and delicious treat to share with family and friends. My girl Dorothy at Crazy For Crust came up with this idea, and its a good one! They are the perfect combo of sweet and salty, and the buttery crackers taste amazing with chocolate! I chose to cover mine in Valentine’s colors, but feel free to skip the sprinkles and colored candy melts and just go for the almond bark and chocolate if you prefer.
I hope you enjoy the holiday, no matter who you are spending it with!!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- About 30-40 Ritz Crackers
- About 12 ounces melting chocolate, chocolate or vanilla or a combination (such as Candiquik or Almond Bark)
- Sprinkles, optional
- Red Candy Melts, optional
Recipe adapted from Crazy For Crust