Are you a breakfast person? I am not. It takes me a few hours of being awake before my stomach can handle food. I go in phases of what I eat. Sometimes its a smoothie, then a granola bar and cheese stick. Right now I am into apples and Chex mix. Crunchy and sweet is working for me right now.
This Autumn Chex mix is perfect for snacking. Its crunchy, sweet, salty, and spiced with pumpkin pie spice that makes it perfect for fall. Feel free to switch up the cereal, nuts and fruit with your favorites!
- 4 Cups Chex cereal (I used rice Chex)
- 2 Cups Oatmeal Squares cereal (I used Cinnamon flavor)
- 2 Cups pretzels
- 2 Cups dried cranberries
- 2 Cups nuts (I used 1 cup salted cashews, 1 cup salted peanuts)
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
Recipe adapted from: Averie Cooks